Visitors Center Docent
Purpose: Visitors Center docents facilitate meaningful experiences by welcoming guests, providing information about the current exhibits and the Savory Collection, and enriching their knowledge of the jazz events in New York City.
- Get a better understanding of The National Jazz Museum in Harlem’s history and its mission
- Share your knowledge of jazz with people from around the world
- Develop a deeper appreciation for jazz, its origins, and its continued development
- Be guaranteed seating to all museum events
- Become well-versed in Visitors Center offerings and current exhibitions
- Assist with daily Visitors Center operations and/or evening museum events
- Sell museum merchandise
- Encourage donations
Please contact 212-348-8300 ext. 100 or via email at email@example.com with subject line “Visitors Center Volunteer” for further information.