Visitors Center Docent
**Come meet our volunteer representative and learn about what it is like to be a part of our team at the Volunteering In The Arts Program on February 11 from 2:00-4:00PM at The All Stars Project. Read more here!**
Purpose: Visitors Center docents facilitate meaningful experiences by welcoming guests, providing information about the current exhibits and the Savory Collection, and enriching their knowledge of the jazz events in New York City.
- Get a better understanding of The National Jazz Museum in Harlem’s history and its mission
- Share your knowledge of jazz with people from around the world
- Develop a deeper appreciation for jazz, its origins, and its continued development
- Be guaranteed seating to all museum events
- Become well-versed in Visitors Center offerings and current exhibitions
- Assist with daily Visitors Center operations and/or evening museum events
- Sell museum merchandise
- Encourage donations
Please contact 212-348-8300 ext. 100 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Visitors Center Volunteer” for further information.